AMD Catalyst™ 15.4 Beta for Windows® – Grand Theft Auto V Optimized
This release enables peak driver performance optimization for AMD Radeon™ graphics users in Grand Theft Auto V.
This article provides information on the latest posting of the AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.4 Beta.
This particular software suite updates the AMD Catalyst Display Driver and the AMD Catalyst Control Center. This unified driver has been updated, and is designed to provide enhanced performance and reliability.
The AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.4 Beta contains the following:
- AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version 14.502.1014
Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 15.4 Beta Windows Driver
New Crossfire Profiles for:
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Dying Light*
- Galactic Civilizations III
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
- Mortal Combat X**
- Sleeping Dogs : Definitive Edition
Crossfire Profiles updates for:
- Battlefield Hardline
- Far Cry 4
- Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
- Sniper Elite 3
-  Battlefield 4: A memory leak may be experienced on certain AMD Radeon GPU’s
-  Battlefield Hardline: The game may crash on first launch when in High Performance Mode
-  Battlefield Hardline: The game may crash on launch on certain AMD graphics products
-  Far Cry 4: Stuttering may be experienced with custom settings when run in AMD Crossfire mode
-  Far Cry 4: Screen tearing may be experienced even after enabling vsync
-  Far Cry 4 : A game crash may be experienced when switching between windowed and full screen mode
-  Far Cry 4 : Flickering may be experienced in the in-game cinematics when launched in landscape SLS mode
-  Youtube : Random block corruption may be experience with simultaneous 1080p video streams
-  Youtube : Microsoft Internet Explorer may crash if exited while Youtube sessions are ongoing
-  Battlefield Hardline: Corruption / stutter may be experienced while changing resolution with vsync enabled
-  Battlefield Hardline: Broken glass may flicker during gameplay
-  Dirt 4 : Poor performance may be experienced in some configurations
-  Monitors may switch off when changing orientation from portrait SLS to landscape SLS
-  Metal Gear Solid V – Ground Zeroes : The game may crash when run at lower resolutions in windowed mode
-  Sleeping Dogs – Definitive Edition : The game may not run on certain Kaveri platforms when High Performance mode is enabled
-  A manual installation (via inf) may fail on certain R9 295X2 configurations
*AMD is currently working with Techland to resolve the following issue:
-  Distant objects may flicker in Dying Light when AA is enabled in AMD Crossfire mode. As a workaround, users may disable AMD Crossfire mode if this issue is impacting their game experience.
** AMD is currently working with NetherRealm Studios to resolve the following issue:
-  Flickering is sometimes observed on a small number of surfaces in Mortal Combat X when using AMD Crossfire. As a work around, users may disable AMD Crossfire mode if this issue is impacting their game experience.