Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 Highlights
- Performing a task switch with some Radeon Software features enabled or some third-party applications with hardware acceleration running in the background may cause a system hang or black screen.
- Improvements have been made that allow for more responsive fan ramp up or fan ramp down times on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan incorrectly report lower than expected clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products during gaming workloads.
- When Instant Replay is enabled, a TDR or black screen may occur when launching games or applications.
- A black screen may occur when toggling HDR on in the game settings of Battlefield™ V.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt™ may experience an application hang or black screen during certain parts of the game or intermittently during gameplay.
- Some video content in Chrome™ may appear as a black screen or be unresponsive on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products when hardware acceleration is enabled.
- Metro Exodus™ may experience an application hang or TDR when choosing some specific dialogue prompts in the Sam’s Story DLC.
- Grand Theft Auto™ V may experience an application crash when invoking Radeon Software’s overlay with third party OSD applications running.
- Monster Hunter World™: Iceborne may experience intermittent crashes while idle or on the character creation screen.
- Some games colors may appear washed out when HDR mode has been enabled in game and Windows® on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products
- After a Factory Reset installation with the ‘Keep My Settings’ option chosen, Instant Replay could fail to function if it was enabled in the previous Radeon Software installation.
- When invoking Radeon Software’s overlay while a game is open users may observe flickering in the game or in the Radeon Software interface.
- Radeon Software may experience a crash and error message when locking Windows® or performing a sleep or hibernate with the Radeon Software Streaming tab open.
- A loss of display with working audio may be experienced on a limited number of displays when performing a mode change on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- Radeon Software may fail to launch if Radeon Software’s overlay is disabled and a game is running in the background.
- Battlefield™ V may experience an application hang or TDR after extended periods of play.
- Some Origin™ games may fail to be detected or may detect the incorrect game title in Radeon Software.
- Some productivity applications are being detected and listed in the Radeon Software games tab.
- The Radeon Chill hotkey could sometimes continue to remain enabled once the user has removed or disabled the hotkey.
- Red Dead Redemption™ 2 may exhibit blocky textures on snow covered terrain.
- After resuming from sleep, Chrome™ may experience an application crash if video content was previously playing on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- Radeon FreeSync status in Radeon Software may sometimes fail to update when enabling or disabling the feature through the display itself.
- Fortnite™ may experience an application crash on Radeon RX 500 series Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Enhanced Sync has been temporarily disabled from the gaming profile and any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
- DOOM™ may experience an intermittent system hang or application crash during gameplay.
- Desktop cursor may intermittently remain visible after toggling Radeon Software’s overlay in some games. A workaround is to bring up the game menu or task switch to refresh the cursor.
- A system crash or hang may occur when running the Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers™ benchmark.
- The Gaming tab in Radeon Software may display some folder locations appearing as games.
- Radeon Software may open with an inconsistent window size or may not keep its previously set size when opened.
- Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
- Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- Some games may experience stutter while using Instant Replay or third-party applications that stream or perform screen capture. A potential workaround is to disable these features or applications while gaming.
- Although Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 resolves many black screen issues, AMD is aware that some users may still experience black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay. AMD will continue to monitor and investigate reports of these issues closely.
- This optional release of Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition is targeted towards resolving recent important issues identified by our community. We will be closely monitoring feedback on the release, and encourage users to submit issues they encounter at www.amd.com/report.
- AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics FAQ for Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition can be found here.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 Driver Version 22.214.171.124 (Windows Driver Store Version 26.20.15019.15018)
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 Driver for Windows® 7 64-bit
Installing Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, please refer to the following support resources:
- How-To Uninstall Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition on a Windows® Based System
- How-To Install Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition on a Windows® Based System
This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 20.2.2
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
Radeon Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
|Radeon™ RX 5700 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 5600 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 5500 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ VII||AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics|
|Radeon RX Vega Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo||AMD Radeon™ R5 300 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 500 / Radeon 500X Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 200 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 – HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 – HD 7900 Series Graphics|
Mobility Radeon™ Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|AMD Radeon RX 5500M Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon RX 5300M Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ 600 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M400 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M – HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M – HD 7900M Series Graphics|
AMD Processors with Radeon Graphics Product Compatibility
Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs
AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.
If you experience issues using the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.
|AMD Ryzen™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics||AMD Ryzen™ Mobile processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics|
|AMD Ryzen™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics||AMD Athlon™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD A-Series and FX processors with Radeon graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics||AMD Ryzen™ PRO Mobile processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4, R5, R6, or R7 Graphics||AMD Athlon™ PRO Mobile processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics|
|AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 or R7 Graphics||AMD A-Series™ PRO processors with Radeon™ graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD FX-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics|
|AMD Sempron™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ HD 8180 – HD 8400 Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.
- Windows® 10 64-bit version
- Windows 7 64-bit version with SP1 or higher