Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 Highlights
- Monster Hunter™: World
- Up toto 5% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 at 1920×1080 (1080p)1
- Up to 6% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 at 1920×1080 (1080p)2
- World of Warcraft™: Battle for Azeroth
- We Happy Few™
- Madden NFL 19™
- Fortnite™ may experience an application crash on game launch in Windows®7.
- Some games may experience a game crash or hang on multi GPU system configurations when changing or applying resolutions.
- Graphics and memory clock speeds may remain elevated or locked while gaming if video content is also playing on the system.
- Civilization® VI may experience a game crash using DirectX®12 API on game or map launch.
- Samsung™ HMD Odyssey may experience intermittent black screens or flashing on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- Cursor or system lag may be observed on some system configurations when two or more displays are connected and one display is powered off.
- Some games may experience instability or stutter when playing with FRTC and Instant Replay enabled.
- Toggling performance metrics while gaming on a non-native display resolution may cause the game to scale incorrectly.
- Radeon WattMan memory and frequency sliders may not list correct minimum values.
- Upgrade Advisor may fail to show up in Radeon Settings.
- Radeon FreeSync may fail to enable when playing Monster Hunter™: World.
- Video profiles may not correctly apply on web browser video content.
Added Vulkan™ Extension Support
- This extension adds several small features which together enable applications to create large descriptor sets containing substantially all of their resources and selecting amongst those resources with dynamic (non-uniform) indexes in the shader.
- This extension provides new entry points to query device display properties and capabilities in a way that can be easily extended by other extensions, without introducing any further entry points.
- This extension allows use of 8-bit types in uniform and storage buffers and push constant blocks.
- This extension allows an application to source the number of draw calls for indirect draw calls from a buffer.
- This extension provides a new entry point to create render passes in a way that can be easily extended by other extensions through the substructures of render pass creation.
- This extension allows instance-rate vertex attributes to be repeated for certain number of instances instead of advancing for every instance when instanced rendering is enabled.
- (1) Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of August 3rd, 2018 on the 8GB Radeon RX Vega 64 on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700X CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With highest preset settings on Monster Hunter World at 1080p, the Radeon RX Vega 64 scored 90.9 FPS with Radeon Software 18.6.1, whereas the Radeon RX Vega 64 scored 95.2 FPS with Radeon Software 18.8.1. Comparing FPS between software versions, Radeon Software 18.8.1 has 5% faster performance in Monster Hunter World. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers.
- (2) Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of August 3rd, 2018 on the 8GB Radeon RX 580 on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700X CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With highest preset settings on Monster Hunter World at 1080p, the Radeon RX 580 scored 54.4 FPS with Radeon Software 18.6.1, whereas the Radeon RX 580 scored 57.8 FPS with Radeon Software 18.8.1. Comparing FPS between software versions, Radeon Software 18.8.1 has 6% faster performance in Monster Hunter World. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 Driver Version 18.30.01.01 (Windows Driver Store Version 24.20.13001.1010)
The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
- Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit
- Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 Driver for Windows® 10 32-bit
- Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 Driver for Windows® 7 64-bit
- Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 Driver for Windows® 7 32-bit
Installing Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, please refer to the following support resources:
- How-To Uninstall Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition on a Windows® Based System
- How-To Install Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition on a Windows® Based System
This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1.
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
Radeon Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
Note: AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury, Radeon™ Pro Duo, Radeon™ RX 400 Series, Radeon™ RX 500 Series and Radeon™ RX Vega Series graphics are only supported by Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition on Windows 7/10 64-bit.
|Radeon Desktop Product Family Compatibility|
|Radeon RX Vega Series Graphics||Radeon™ RX 500 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 – HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 – HD 7900 Series Graphics|
Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|Radeon Mobility Product Family Compatibility|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M – HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M – HD 7900M Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.
© 2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. This notice does not change the terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD’s products that may be set forth in a separate signed agreement between you and AMD.
OVERCLOCKING WARNING: AMD processors are intended to be operated only within their associated specifications and factory settings. Operating your AMD processor outside of official AMD specifications or outside of factory settings, including but not limited to the conducting of overclocking (including use of this overclocking software, even if such software has been directly or indirectly provided by AMD or otherwise affiliated in any way with AMD), may damage your processor and/or lead to other problems, including but not limited to, damage to your system components (including your motherboard and components thereon (e.g. memory)), system instabilities (e.g. data loss and corrupted images), reduction in system performance, shortened processor, system component and/or system life and in extreme cases, total system failure. AMD does not provide support or service for issues or damages related to use of an AMD processor outside of official AMD specifications or outside of factory settings. You may also not receive support or service from your board or system manufacturer. Please make sure you have saved all important data before using this overclocking software. DAMAGES CAUSED BY USE OF YOUR AMD PROCESSOR OUTSIDE OF OFFICIAL AMD SPECIFICATIONS OR OUTSIDE OF FACTORY SETTINGS ARE NOT COVERED UNDER ANY AMD PRODUCT WARRANTY AND MAY NOT BE COVERED BY YOUR BOARD OR SYSTEM MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY.
The software that has been directly or indirectly provided by AMD or an entity otherwise affiliated with AMD may disable or alter: (1) software including features and functions in the operating system, drivers and applications, and other system settings; and (2) system services. WHEN THE SOFTEWARE IS USED TO DISABLE OR ALTER THESE ITEMS IN WHOLE OR PART, YOU MAY EXPERIENCE (A) INCREASED RISKS THAT CERTAIN SECURITY FUNCTIONS DO NOT FUNCTION THEREBY EXPOSING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM TO POTENTIAL SECURITY THREATS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, HARM FROM VIRUSES, WORMS AND OTHER HARMFUL SOFTWARE; (B) PERFORMANCE AND INTEROPERABILITY ISSUES THAT MAY ADVERSELY AFFECT YOUR EXPERIENCE AND THE STABILITY OF YOUR COMPUTING SYSTEM; AND (C) OTHER EXPERIENCES RESULTING IN ADVERSE EFFECTS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED, TO DATA CORRUPTION OR LOSS.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, AMD Radeon, AMD Freesync and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Windows and DirectX are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
Vulkan and the Vulkan logo are registered trademarks of the Khronos Group Inc.
Other names used herein are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.